can't get rt2500 working in win xp

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Luis ORTEGA, Oct 19, 2003.

  1. Luis ORTEGA

    Luis ORTEGA Guest

    I tried to upgrade the rt2500 at work from win 2k to win xp pro and I've had
    some problems.
    I can't seem to get the firewire device recognized by the rt2500, although
    if I use the option of DV device 2 in the capture module it does capture and
    operate the dv device, but then when I put the clip on the timeline it
    requires rendering even if it is just a single clip with no transitions or
    other effects applied.
    I started with a clean install of winxp pro and then set up all of the
    drivers and other peripherals.
    The video card is a G450 dual head and I loaded the latest matrox drivers
    for that.
    I loaded Premiere 6 then loaded the video tools 3.1a and the 3.1b update.
    then I loaded the Propack.
    Then I loaded the Premiere 6.5 and the premiere hot fix for win xp.
    It all appeared to go well, but when I connected the dv device it reported
    that a dvcam.sys file was missing.
    I found a dvconnect for xp application somewhere on the Matrox cds and tried
    to run that and it said something about if I wanted to uninstall something
    unspecified and I finally said yes and it went through a series of finding
    the dv device and finally it appeared to be recognized in the device manager
    of win xp, but it doesn't get recognized when I try to use it for Matrox
    capture.
    Needless to say, all of the same stuff worked as it should in the old setup.
    The dv device is a Sony GVD 300 vcr.
    Can anyone please advise me on what I can do to get this up and running?
    I did leave the rt2500 card in the computer as I installed win xp pro and it
    was listed with a yellow warning in device manager as a pci multimedia card.
    Thanks for any help.
    Luis

    Luis ORTEGA, Oct 19, 2003