    Can anyone shed any light on this for me and hopefully a fix, i worked
    fine before the format.

    Jim

    Jim, Jan 21, 2014

  2. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On 21/01/2014 18:38, Jim wrote:
    > I have just formatted and gone and reinstalled win 7 U x64 with an old
    > ATI HD 6450. I have installed latest driver which were 13.12 that were
    > released on 12/18/2013, all went fine but when i plugged in my HDMI
    > cable it looks like i had no desktop icons etc on the monitor however
    > when i looked at tv i could see desktop icons etc so it was as if i
    > had dual monitors allbeit one being the tv, no worries i just thought
    > it would be a setting somewhere but for the life of me i can't see it
    > anywhere.
    >
    > Should i have plugged in HDMI to TV before installingt he drivers?
    > Can anyone shed any light on this for me and hopefully a fix, i worked
    > fine before the format.
    >
    > Jim

    Sorted

    Jim, Jan 21, 2014

  3. Jim

    Ant Guest

    On 1/21/2014 2:12 PM PT, Jim typed:

    > On 21/01/2014 18:38, Jim wrote:
    >> I have just formatted and gone and reinstalled win 7 U x64 with an old
    >> ATI HD 6450. I have installed latest driver which were 13.12 that were
    >> released on 12/18/2013, all went fine but when i plugged in my HDMI
    >> cable it looks like i had no desktop icons etc on the monitor however
    >> when i looked at tv i could see desktop icons etc so it was as if i
    >> had dual monitors allbeit one being the tv, no worries i just thought
    >> it would be a setting somewhere but for the life of me i can't see it
    >> anywhere.
    >>
    >> Should i have plugged in HDMI to TV before installingt he drivers?
    >> Can anyone shed any light on this for me and hopefully a fix, i worked
    >> fine before the format.
    >>
    >> Jim

    > Sorted

    What did you do to fix your issue?
    --
    "Really. And do these lions eat ants?" --John Cleese in Monty Python's
    Flying Circus

    Ant, Jan 22, 2014
  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On 22/01/2014 11:24, Ant wrote:
    > On 1/21/2014 2:12 PM PT, Jim typed:
    >
    >> On 21/01/2014 18:38, Jim wrote:
    >>> I have just formatted and gone and reinstalled win 7 U x64 with an old
    >>> ATI HD 6450. I have installed latest driver which were 13.12 that were
    >>> released on 12/18/2013, all went fine but when i plugged in my HDMI
    >>> cable it looks like i had no desktop icons etc on the monitor however
    >>> when i looked at tv i could see desktop icons etc so it was as if i
    >>> had dual monitors allbeit one being the tv, no worries i just thought
    >>> it would be a setting somewhere but for the life of me i can't see it
    >>> anywhere.
    >>>
    >>> Should i have plugged in HDMI to TV before installingt he drivers?
    >>> Can anyone shed any light on this for me and hopefully a fix, i worked
    >>> fine before the format.
    >>>
    >>> Jim

    >> Sorted

    > What did you do to fix your issue?

    I had the desktop to be shown in the "Extend the desktop" option when i
    right clicked on selected screen resolution and just clicked "Duplicate
    the desktop" and that sorted that issue, but ever since then i have been
    stumped by another issue which i will start another thread on in a
    minute 3 days this has been bugging me.

    Jim

    Jim, Jan 25, 2014