    still gives the error.

    Can anybody help?

    Chris K

    Chris Kirkman, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Chris Kirkman

    Lenny Guest

    This is not really a solution to your dilemma, except in a way it is; I
    would recommend you forget about that playcenter, you don't need it to use
    your soundcard, and there are much better, less bloated media players out
    there with nicer interfaces and better capabilities. I'd recommend winamp 5
    myself, but you have about a squillion different alternatives to choose
    from...

    Even microsoft's media player 9 is better (IMO), it can even be used to
    watch DVD movies if you got a codec for that format installed, though you
    will miss out on fancy surround sound and such.

    Lenny, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Lenny.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll probably do as you suggested.

    Chris

    Chris Kirkman, Apr 19, 2004

  4. This is a very Good Player that most do not seem to know about..

    http://www.quinnware.com/downloads.php

    Plus why not use the Audigy 2 ZS System like I do install with my SBlive 5.1

    http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/showflat.pl?Board=techotherhardware&Number=2315604

    NEW YouP New Year's

    http://www.mydrivers.com/dir84/d33700.htm
    try last link, fastest for me...

    http://news.mydrivers.com/pages/20040121170800_25450.htm
    detailed manual

    Woger MKII , Apr 19, 2004
  5. Thanks Woger,

    I'll give the Quintessential Player a go. Unfortuantely I find the info
    about YouP a bit difficult to understand. Not sure exactly what it will do
    for me and nearly all the links don't seem to work.

    Chris

    Chris Kirkman, Apr 20, 2004

  6. The One on Page one for the New Year one does, and you do get the Great new
    Multimedia Player..

    This link..

    Woger MKII , Apr 20, 2004
  7. No, still doesn't work for me. After several minutes of a blank Explorer
    window and "Opening page http://www.mydrivers.com/dir84/d33700.htm" I am
    eventually informed that the page is not available. I've tried several
    times, always with the smae result.

    Chris

    Chris Kirkman, Apr 21, 2004

  8. Just tested it, it works 100%...

    The software is down a page on the right, 5 URL's links.

    Try these Links

    http://file.mydrivers.com/sound/LIVE-NewYear.zip
    http://crc.mydrivers.com/sound/LIVE-NewYear.zip
    http://file3.mydrivers.com/files/sound/LIVE-NewYear.zip
    http://file4.mydrivers.com/files/sound/LIVE-NewYear.zip
    http://sc.mydrivers.com/sound/LIVE-NewYear.zip

    Its over 200megs..

    Woger MKII , Apr 22, 2004
  9. Unfortunately no success. Can't get to the .htm page and 3 of the other
    links all timeout. 1 link connected but was reset by the server after a few
    minutes and the only one which seemed to work started downloading but very
    slowly even though I have broadband at 600k. After about 6 or 7 hours and
    40% received it was reset by the server.

    I don't know why it is that you can get to them but I can't, maybe my ISP
    though I've never had problems with anything else, or is my geographical
    location in the UK something to do with it.

    Anyway don't take any more trouble over this, I'm giving up as I don't know
    whether it will be worth all this hassle.

    Thaks for your help and advice anyway.

    Chris K

    <

    Chris Kirkman, Apr 23, 2004

  10. Use a Dnload manager like I do, Reget Delux..

    Well I am in NZ with a 256k Cable Service, a bit closer to China

    Woger MKII , Apr 23, 2004
  11. Thanks Woger,
    Did this and I was amazed at the difference it made to downloads. Maybe if
    you get a good connection the speed would not be affected but the extremely
    slow download I was getting of this file was vastly improved.
    Yes, I can understand a difference in speed but I can't see why I should get
    page not available from most of these links where you seem to be able to
    connect with no problem.

    Having eventually downloaded and installed the 200 meg drivers and player I
    was a little dissapointed that I was unable to access many of the features
    supposedly supported. On the other hand I'm probably expecting too much to
    try and get Audigy performance out an SB Live Value. The MediaSource player
    looks good though but the whole thing seemed a bit tricky to install being
    all in Chinese.

    Anyway thanks for all the help and if nothing else I've learnt about ReGet
    Deluxe which impresses me much.

    Thanks again
    Chris

    Chris Kirkman, Apr 23, 2004

  12. Yes these dnload managers are great as they will keep trying for you, I have
    tried a few and stuck with this one, plus you can cut and paste a URL into it,
    I have found sites that hang up when trying to dnload, so I cut the URL and
    stick it in ReGet and away it goes, some sites will not work with a Dnload
    Manager so use the Ctrl key to temporarily disable it, some people use the
    ^symbol to indicate the Ctrl key..

    Their is some translation on this forum page and this link with some Pic but
    in Chinese, but they do show arrows in what to do, so use them both.

    Yes the Media Player is great..

    http://discuss.futuremark.com/forum/showflat.pl?Board=techotherhardware&Number=2315604

    http://news.mydrivers.com/pages/20040121170800_25450.htm
    detailed manual

    In Chinese..

    Yes I was from the UK been here a few years now..

    Woger MKII , Apr 24, 2004
  13. Well I now have my SBlive 5.1 OEM for sale..-:)

    Just to let you know I have just robed my Bank and spent out on a Audigy 2 ZS
    as I was just turned on with the features that software has, plus the EAX 4
    and supported in this game Colin McRae Rally 04.

    Not cheap here but our Tax is lower...

    Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, PCI $184.68 inc delivered.

    Here is were you can find all the NZ Prices..

    http://www.pricespy.co.nz

    Tax here is 12,5% if not listed..

    Woger MKII , Apr 24, 2004