Can't install Ultra100TX2 under Windows 2000 Server

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by ITM, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. ITM

    ITM Guest

    I get an error on boot when I install the Ultra100 TX2 into an
    existing Windows 2000 SP2 installation. MB is Supermicro SuperPIIIDM3

    The error message, displayed after I select the top entry from the
    boot menu, is:

    "Windows 2000 could not start because of a computer disk hardware
    configuration problem.
    Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk
    hardware.
    Please check the Windows 2000 documentation about hardware disk
    configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional
    information"

    If I remove all drives from the Promise adapter then I am able to boot
    into Windows 2000.

    Could you please advise as to how I can install the adapter?

    TIA
    Ian Manning

    ITM, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Ian,

    You need to install the driver using the Win2k installation CD. Boot from
    the CD and when the blue screen appears press F6 (as per prompt) and have
    the Ultra drivers ready on a floppy. Do a repair on the system.

    Did you set up your bios to boot from SCSI?

    Read your setup instructions for the Ultra.

    Steve Lindahl, Feb 1, 2004