    Is there a problem with FX5200 for DVD playback? I haven't had any
    error messages
    from other programs.

    efffemm, May 15, 2006

  2. efffemm

    Spack Guest

    Do you have a software DVD decoder installed, such as WinDVD or PowerDVD, or
    are you using a dedicated hardware decoder card? If you have no hardware
    decoder card, and you haven't installed any software with a DVD decoder
    included, then DVDPlay is erroring because it can't find a decoder - Windows
    doesn't ship with one.

    Dan

    Spack, May 19, 2006

  3. efffemm

    Spack Guest

    Spack wrote to on Fri, 19 May 2006 10:01:57 +0100:
    If you have a software decoder installed, the other thing to try is dropping
    your colour depth in the display drivers to 256. DVDPlay isn't a full
    featured DVD player - it's merely a simple interface to the DVD-Play APIs in
    Windows, which are wrappers around whatever DVD decoder you have installed,
    and so it's incapable of handling a lot of things that a good DVD player
    application can do.

    Dan

    Spack, May 19, 2006