    is still in the Dawn\bin folder with the executable. I recently upgraded to
    catalyst 3.7 and have a Radeon 9700 Pro card. Does anyone else have this
    problem now with the 3.7 driver?

    Porcupuff, Sep 13, 2003

  2. Yes. I never ran it before 3.7 anyway, but I can't run it either, tried both
    wrappers....

    methylenedioxy, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Porcupuff

    DrWho Guest

    Porcupuff said...
    Yep. It ran fine with Cat3.6, but won't run with 3.7. :(

    DrWho, Sep 13, 2003
  4. Porcupuff

    Lithurge Guest

    As posted by Bob Knowlden in a previous thread, this link'll
    sort you out.

    http://tinyurl.com/n95w

    Quick summary is ATI have removed a certain functionality
    from their drivers, copying the relevant dll from an old
    release to the dawn bin folder will sort it. There's a link
    to the file in the forum thread.

    Lithurge, Sep 13, 2003
  5. Cheers, now running properly, although it is pretty crap compared to ati
    flavourings......
    If you lot are into demo's heres one of the best I have ever seen:
    http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=9450

    methylenedioxy, Sep 13, 2003
  6. Porcupuff

    Lithurge Guest

    in
    To be fair ATI have yet to produce a 'human' skin texture demo
    though. We have to turn to hacked NV ones for that ;)

    Can't fault the impressiveness of the chimp demo though for fur.

    Lithurge, Sep 13, 2003
  7. Thomas GEORGE, Sep 14, 2003
  8. Porcupuff

    Lithurge Guest

    Ok.

    I'll rephrase it.

    ATI haven't produced a human skin demo that will show off the
    most recent hardware using DX9 :)

    I've even found some of the older demos won't work on the 9700
    Pro, I'll have a go with this one, but suspect it won't look as
    good as Dawn.

    Lithurge, Sep 14, 2003
  9. Porcupuff

    Toby Groves Guest

    Pretty though that one is, I still think *the* most impressive demo
    produced is ATI's Pipe Dream.

    Toby Groves, Sep 14, 2003