Can't scale for lower resolutions on a LCD monitor.

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ant, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Hello,

    I have an old ATI Radeon 9600 AIW video card and old v6.14 Catalyst
    driver (can't use the newer ones because they crash a lot and I don't
    game on this old Athlon 64 3200+ [754] desktop machine) in Windows XP
    Pro. SP2 (all updates). The video card is connected to a Samsung
    SyncMaster 213T LCD monitor (1600x1200) via a VGA cable due to lack of
    DVI connector on the video card.

    According to the driver's help search, I can scale my screen resolution
    without stretching if I am using a resolution less than the native
    1600x1200 resolution. However, I don't see this option in Catalyst's
    control panel (both simple and advanced). Someone told me it is because
    of my VGA connection (no KVM switches -- direct VGA connection).

    Is there a way to force this?

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "When many work together for a goal, great things may be accomplished. It is said a lion cub was killed by a single colony of ants." --Saskya Pandita
    /\___/\
    ( )

    Ant, Feb 9, 2007

  2. Ant

    FKS Guest

    If the 213T has an option not to stretch, you can use that option without
    relying on the CCC. If not, you're out of luck. The scaling function works
    only with the DVI.

    FKS, Feb 9, 2007