    in 10.4.1 on my old powerbook g4. Anybody know what is going on.

    TIA

    Gene

    Gene Herzberg, May 28, 2005

  2. Gene Herzberg

    Jef Tenner Guest

    lately computer programmers have been inefficient. I say inefficient because
    I mean they're getting lazier. sure it's quicker to code faster and make
    computers quicker, but then you're leaving behind a legacy of computer that
    has nobody spending time optimizing code they write once so it runs slowly
    every time it runs after that. after that is the important time.

    Once I used to use an 800x600 screen, and it was high resolution and fast.
    Nowadays a size screen 1024x768 is actually slower, not faster. the
    programmers with better cpu speed are not doing their job.

    What happens is they should be optimising their computers for making quick
    clean efficient code. they should spend a day extra on their coding to save
    so much time afterwards.

    So what I think si that your imac g5 is faster but when it comes down to
    programming techniques lately that faster megahertz speed actually helps it
    to become slower. maybe if you waited then your jpg files would appear. the
    powerbook g4 is faster and always will be so I recommend staying with it.
    For now

    Until programmers get better

    Herzberg at wrote on 28/5/05 10:44
    AM:

    Jef Tenner, May 28, 2005

  3. I just connected the laptop as a target drive via firewire and copied
    the files to the new computer.

    Gene

    Gene Herzberg, May 28, 2005
  4. Gene Herzberg

    Brice Unland Guest

    Are the permissions set to the same user?

    If that is not the case, I have found that resetting my Perimeter RAM
    has solved a whole host of problems after I installed Tiger. To reset,
    choose restart, then hold "option, Apple, p, r"

    Brice

    Brice Unland, May 28, 2005
  5. Gene Herzberg

    Gene Guest

    I reset parameter ram bu that didn't fix the problem.

    Gene

    Gene, May 29, 2005
  6. I think I saw the same complaint 20 years ago when I was just getting
    started in computers.

    Matthew Russotto, May 31, 2005