    things on both boxes and everything I read says I'm configured
    correctly. And this all worked with ML and Win8.

    Any ideas?

    Lloyd E Parsons, Oct 24, 2013

  2. Samba may not be running if you can't see your shared volumes.

    Remember Open Transport is gone in Mavericks, so any networking thing
    that uses it is toast. What did you do to make the ML system
    "broadcast" it's availability on a Windows network?

    Michael Vilain, Oct 24, 2013

  3. turned on sharing of files and printers, turned on SMB sharing to my
    workgroup and it showed up in Win8. That's the way it is set now and
    according to everything, it should be showing up, but isn't.

    Since I can attach the Users folder on the Win8.1 box from the Mac,
    that should be telling me it is correctly configured. Also everything
    BUT the Mac is showing in File Explorer ->Network

    That would seem to say that SMB isn't running, but according to
    everything I read, I have it right on the Mac. Frustrating, but not
    horribly so.

    Lloyd E Parsons, Oct 24, 2013
  4. May be a bug. There are different versions of Samba. Maybe the 8.1
    version isn't what you're running on MacOS. Just a SWAG.

    Post this to the Apple's MacOS forums if you want help. Or take your
    systems to the Genius Bar.

    Michael Vilain, Oct 28, 2013
  5. I knew it was a version mismatch with SMB or something like that.

    <http://osxdaily.com/2013/10/30/connect-smb-nas-network-shares-os-x-maver
    icks/>

    Sun had similar issues with different versions of NFS.

    Michael Vilain, Oct 31, 2013
  6. Thanks for the link and info, Mike.

    I've always been able to mount the Windows drive on the Mac, and still
    could with Mavericks, with not changes. Just can't get the Windows box
    to show the shared Mac drive, nor the external shared one on my
    TimeCapsule.

    I figger something will come along to get that way working soon.

    Lloyd E Parsons, Oct 31, 2013