Cant update too 9.2 Catlyst & Drivers

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Alice, Feb 24, 2009.

  1. Alice

    Alice Guest

    i wated for the next install upgrade and i sitll havent been able to install
    still runing Catylyst 8.6 that came with my card i want to update but cant.
    i doine all the steptsd but still fales the Dtection driver. below is my
    error msg what doi i do??? thanks in advance

    Alice

    Existing packages Catalyst Control Center
    ATI Catalyst Install Manager
    ATI Display Driver
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

    Other detected devices

    Error messages
    Failed to load detection driver

    -------------------------

    System Specs:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
    3.00 GB
    1.75 TB
    Radeon HD 4850
    Vista Ultimate 32 Bit SP1

    Alice, Feb 24, 2009

  2. Alice

    Alice Guest

    OMG i feel so stupid my virus people taght mes how to disable the fire wall
    and its installing as we speak.

    Alice

    Alice, Feb 24, 2009

  3. Alice

    me/2 Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 20:05:49 -0500, "First of One" <root@127.0.0.1>
    wrote:

    :>Does this mean the setup program "phones home" to ATi upon installation?

    When installing programs that use the Microsoft installer it is the
    installer that phones home to Microsoft to check for a newer version
    of the installer program. If it finds a newer version of the installer
    it updates the copy on your system. I found this out by watching the
    popups from my firewall that tells me what program is trying to access
    the internet and the site name and ip address it is trying to connect
    to. I've never seen an indication that the installer is trying to
    connect to any ATI site when installing new drivers.

    me/2

    me/2, Feb 25, 2009