    display adapter listed.

    The card works fine in other motherboards: ECS K7VTA3 v. 8 and K7S5A
    Pro and even a 440BX.

    larrymoencurly, May 14, 2004

  2. Have you set the BIOS to assign an IRQ to the graphics card? Go into the
    BIOS --> PCI/PnP Configuration --> Assign IRQ for VGA --> Enabled.

    --Alex

    Alex Zorrilla, May 14, 2004

  3. I tried it both ways - same result. I also tried both automatic and
    manual IRQ settings, and all the PCI cards were removed.

    larrymoencurly, May 15, 2004
  4. larrymoencurly

    farmuse Guest

    boot into safe mode and remove all old video adapters, you cant
    see all the garbage in normal mode. Do the same for monitors ~

    farmuse, May 19, 2004
  5. That was one of the first things I tried, but it didn't help.

    I think that this mobo or its VIA drivers are causing problems because
    just the other day I wasn't able to install a D-Link network card --
    the plug & play didn't do anything on reboot, and the card didn't show
    up in the Device Manager, but that may have been due to D-Link's
    software because I've read that other people have had similar problems
    with D-Link, and a D-Link USB network adapter would install on one USB
    2.0 port but not the other (I used an NEC-based USB 2.0 card,
    supposedly the least troublesome kind). I also couldn't get Windows
    to boot right with an SiS 315 AGP card, and then there was the problem
    of a VIA-based USB 2.0 PCI card causeing this motherboard to be 100%
    dead, yet the same card worked fine in an older mobo with an older VIA
    chipset (even shares the same south bridge) and all of my really old
    SiS and Intel chipset mobos.

    larrymoencurly, May 19, 2004
  6. larrymoencurly

    edi Guest

    Don't be suprised if there is some lack of power in your system. I'm aware
    that this may look
    silly, but from my experience with this board while changing locations and
    movin' in to another city, I experianced many sys disfunctions in relation
    with the general electrical current quaility on thoes locations, so mabe it
    is yours power supply.
    Whel this applies on my country, witch is Croatia in Europe where we
    depend on mercy of ours local 'monopolistic' general infrastructure service
    providers, as we only recently have accepted on repubic level a law
    concernig protection of consumers rights.
    But aside of that, many glitches concernig this board still remain a
    mistery to me. Allthoe I think of myself as an XP in Hware. But all thoes
    old legacy industry standards implemented in our BIOS OS-es in PC-s declared
    by IBM PC AT/ATX architecture standards offers to many companys witch
    produce hardware especially MB-os a way to implement new technologies in a
    disrespectfull way towards us, the end users.
    This may seam disscouraging, but it just may be that without any
    previous clear announcments our hardware industries are sometimes leavin' us
    without proper support by implemeting tech.-s with dissregard to declared
    standards.
    I'm havin' second thougts 'bout posting this reply concernin' my gramar
    (haha) and as it overcomes your problem witch also could be mine. So I'll
    post it as a reply and as a new topic.

    And as a third thought, maybe we should all get and IBM ACE degree,
    concerning our efforts to put theirs crapy products to work. Or I am just an
    daydreamin', ethousiastic amater.

    edi, May 22, 2004