    (upgrading later in the year) 1 G ram, Dvd burner, ATI 9600 128M.

    Would loved to have get the new XPS but the don't sell that in Australia
    yet, and really wanted a mobile processor anyways.

    Jiz, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Jiz

    Buck Rogers Guest

    Hi Jiz, I am also in Oz. Did you soup up your Inspiron? I am looking at a
    brochure
    I got in the mail from Dell yesterday. The inspiron 8600 comes with 512 MB
    Ram
    and 64 Mb dddr nVidia Geforce FX Go 5200 AGP, intel PRO Wireless 2100
    Network
    Connection 802.11b. I think this must be the base model. $2999.

    Buck

    Buck Rogers, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Jiz

    Jiz Guest

    www.dell.com.au/

    Double memory & free printer at the present on 8600's

    you can get a variety of options.... I landed mine for about 3900 with a few
    extras - the screen was expensi though and worry that it might be overkill
    for what I use laptop for.

    we'll see - only option I wanted but didnt' get was 60 G 7200 rpm drive.
    Later on I'll get that when I'm overseas.

    If you internested in a similar laptop refurbished, look at
    www.graysonline.com.au you may save a bit. Buying one for my wife through
    here.