    OS is Windows2000.

    Thank you a lot in advance!

    Paulo

    Paulo S, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Paulo S

    Kenny Guest

    Which IDE channel are they on and do you have only one HDD? If either is on
    same Primary IDE as HDD that one will need to be set as Slave. If both are
    on Secondary IDE set one as Master, the other as Slave. If only one on
    Secondary IDE set as Master.

    Kenny, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Paulo S

    MJP Guest

    Unplugging IDE cables with power on is not recommended, I speak from painful
    and costly experience.

    The HDD light remaining continuously lit may indicate a cable incorrectly
    aligned, i.e. plugged in the wrong way round.

    Have you entered the BIOS and set the IDE channels to AUTO?

    MJP

    MJP, Jun 29, 2003
  4. Paulo S

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Paulo S continued:
    To be honest I would get someone who knows /exactly/ what they are doing to
    look at it - if you are pulling IDE cables out with the machine running, you
    are not the person to trust with explicit instructions.

    Slumpy, Jun 29, 2003
  5. Paulo S

    Shep© Guest

    Ditto:
    Could cost a lot more just messing around blindly :O

    Shep©, Jun 29, 2003
  6. Paulo S

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Paulo S deftly scribbled:
    If you're doing this kind of thing, I'd suggest you've probably fried
    something on the motherboard, the ide channels and any or all devices that
    connect to them .. ;)

    Paul - xxx, Jun 29, 2003
  7. Paulo S

    Paulo S Guest

    MJP was absolutely right! Thank you very much indeed! The cable was
    plugged in the wrong way round. Now, both the CDR than the CDRom are
    perfectly working on my computer.

    I would like also to thank everybody who tried to help me!

    Paulo

    Paulo S, Jun 29, 2003
  8. Paulo S

    ridofme

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi, i'm new to this board and i am having the same issue. how do you know which ide cable goes where? i've got two hard drives in my computer. i unplugged the c.d. drive and now it isn't showing up in my computer. i think i hooked them up wrong or something.

    ridofme, Nov 12, 2006
  9. Paulo S

    32computers

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2006
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    UK
    Have you got access to another PC to individually test the 2 x drives?

    32computers, Dec 7, 2006