captured MPEG files generate error message "video sequence header is incorrect" when adding to TMPGE

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Ian Roberts, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. Ian Roberts

    Ian Roberts Guest

    Hi

    Ive have several MPEG files of captured VHS via the composite input on my
    ATI AIW 8500DV.
    I chose DVD for the capture quality.

    I've just tried TMPGEnc DVD Author for the first time today and found that I
    cannot add these mpeg files.

    I get the error message "The video sequence header is incorrect."

    Is there a way I can fix these mpeg files?

    They playback OK on my PC and I can create videoCDs with Nero from the same
    mpeg files.

    The TMPGEnc help file says "A video sequence header is necessary for every
    GOP in a standard DVD."

    What is a GOP?

    Thanks for any info

    Ian