    I was looking at the Belkin USB VideoBus II but it doesn't seem to be
    compatible with the Mac.

    What do other people use for this process?

    Danny Parker, Jul 9, 2005

  2. Danny Parker

    Ernie Klein Guest

    I use my Sony DV video digital camera to do the conversion. I connect
    the VHS player to the AV jack on the Sony, connect the FireWire output
    to the Mac, set the Sony to the throughput mode and import the video to
    iMovie.

    If you don't have a DV video camera that does analog to digital
    conversion, maybe you could borrow one from a friend. If you do have
    access to one, it's a whole lot cheaper than buying a dedicated
    converter that only has a single use.

    --
    -Ernie-

    "There are only two kinds of computer users -- those who have
    suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure, and those who will."

    Have you done your backup today?

    Ernie Klein, Jul 9, 2005

  3. Danny Parker

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    Some kind person in this very commune pointed me into this direction.

    http://www.echofx.com/

    I managed to use a cheap USB-RGB converter (Global Village Video FX) off
    eBay, and got some pretty good results with it. You can buy the software
    separately.

    Cheers.

    Andy Hewitt, Jul 9, 2005