Careful! GRC ShieldsUp shows Ubuntu is unsafe out of the box!

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by BillW50, Feb 7, 2010.

  1. BillW50

    BillW50 Guest

    GRC ShieldsUp
    https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

    Solicited TCP Packets: Failed
    Unsolicited Packets: Passed
    Ping Reply: Failed

    Installing a decent firewall should take care of this security risk. I
    noticed long ago that Xandros doesn't have a firewall either.

    Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 users should not have these problems
    right out of the box. As people complained and Microsoft listened. I
    guess somebody forgot to tell the Linux crowd to fix theirs as well.

    --
    Bill
    Asus EEE PC 702G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

    BillW50, Feb 7, 2010