Case back plate for Abit NF7 - S (in the UK)

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Bill L, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. Bill L

    Bill L Guest

    Hello all

    Never really had this particular problem before but just got a Mercury
    *Aqua* case which I'm putting a 2 month old NF7-S 2.0 in and I don't have
    the correct back plate (i.e. where the audio, USB/LAN ports protrude through
    at the back of the case).

    Going to go back to the shop where I bought the case from tomorrow to see if
    they have any suitable plates but can I order a new back plate from Abit
    (assuming I can get one in the UK) if I need to?

    I could run the PC without the back plate, but not only would this look
    naff, I also don't like the idea of the back of the mobo being exposed at
    the back of the case.

    TIA

    Bill L

    Bill L, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Bill L

    Martyn Guest

    Your NF7 should have come with the correct backplate.

    Martyn, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Bill L

    Bill L Guest

    Yes and yes but the old back plate is currently in use (in another PC) and
    any *spare* I had has probably been lost in my recent move (highly likely)
    or been used in another PC build so no I hven't got a NF7 back plate for the
    current PC build hence the question and the rather obvious (but un-helpful)

    Bill L, Aug 27, 2003
  4. The answers you have received were as helpful as possible based on your
    original question. Now that you have provided more information I would
    suggest contacting Abit to see if they will send you a new I/O panel for
    your system. It might only cost you a phone call and a small shipping
    amount.

    Another thought: Can't you just swap the 2 I/O panels between your old case
    and the new case? Does the other PC really need the same I/O panel as the
    NF7-S?

    callsignviper, Aug 28, 2003
  5. Bill L

    Bill L Guest

    Apologies for the grouchy *old* man ;o) The other PC is using an NF7-S so
    it's not an option to use that back plate. I think I did have two back
    plates (as each NF7 came with one) but I can't find one to use with this
    case (I've definitely misplaced/lost one of 'em.)

    Had a reply from Abit (UK) today and I can get a replacement back plate for
    £5.99 (seems a bit steep?) but the PC shop I bought the case could have one
    for me next week.

    Bill L

    Bill L, Aug 28, 2003

  6. Hey......my favorite movies are: "Grumpy Old Men" and "Grumpier Old Men" so
    being grouchy is not a problem! ;-))

    Losing a dedicated backplate would be bothersome. I hope the £5.99 price
    includes shipping otherwise it would be steep for a small piece of metal
    that can probably be produced at the rate of at least several thousand per
    day.

    Good luck.

    callsignviper, Aug 28, 2003