    looks like it's held in place by some plastic pegs. I don't know how
    to remove it without breaking those.

    Thanks.

    Rajendra Singh, Sep 25, 2004

  2. Rajendra Singh

    Ben Myers Guest

    Those are probably rubber grommets, used in a good quality case (e.g. Dell or
    IBM) to dampen vibration, thereby reducing the noise level from the fan
    considerably.

    For me, the easiest way to remove something held in place with rubber grommets
    is to use a pointed (but not sharp) instrument to push the grommet through the
    hole in which it is inserted. Useful tools for this are small Philips head or
    flat head screwdrivers... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 25, 2004

  3. Rajendra Singh

    Charlie Guest

    Look for the release buttons on the back of the case.

    Charlie, Sep 26, 2004
  4. Rajendra Singh

    Ben Myers Guest

    Right! Release buttons for the plastic housing, THEN rubber grommets to hold
    the fan in? ... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 26, 2004
  5. Rajendra Singh

    joe_tide Guest