Cases: are ALL H340 PSUs bad quality?

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Grings, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. Grings

    Grings Guest

    Hi,

    there are these six machines built into those tiny AOpen H340 cases. The
    machines are all around just over one year old and during the last few
    months two of them have had their PSU fan stop for no apparent reason.

    Luckily, in both cases the dead fan was noticed before any serious damage
    happened to any of the other hardware, although I wouldn't trust the PSU or
    the case again.

    So I was wondering if anybody else has had bad experience with AOpen cases
    or the H340 series in particular. These PSUs are the ones which have those
    extra 12V lines for the P4 added as a sort of bulbous after-though outside
    of the main PSU casing which always struck me as a bit suspicious.

    After all, it's not like AOpen are a bunch of newbie's at this computer
    parts business and if a recent product like the H340 is a fire-risk because
    of poor quality fans then which manufactures can be trusted with a SlimPC /
    SSF / BookPC design?

    Or is the only safe small PC one based on a VIA C3 / low-heat Hard disk /
    fan-less PSU combination?

    KS Grings,
    Ireland
    (to reply via email please remove the obvious 'X's and so on in my address)

    Grings, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Grings

    Roger M Guest

    I don't know about your case problem. I have a couple of Aopen cases that seem
    to be fine right now but they aren't a year old yet either. The one thing I do
    know is that this group is a cold lonely place. It's the only group I've ever
    been in where when you open a message the words inside cause an echo.

    Roger

    Roger M, Nov 6, 2003

  3. Grings

    c Guest

    I use a lot of AOpen cases, but haven't used the slimline case. I have yet
    to have a PSU go bad in any of their cases. Most of AOpen's PSU's are made
    by someone else, so maybe that particular PSU is a problem.

    Chris

    c, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Grings

    Nystagmus Guest

    It is lonely here. Goes to show you how well built and problem free AOpen
    products are.

    Nystagmus

    Nystagmus, Nov 7, 2003