    G5 Macs and some of the Lian-Li cases

    Cheers

    Richard

    Richard, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Richard

    Jim Guest

    Hi Richard

    There is a third party alternative from AIC (or IPC) which is a 4U
    rackmount specifically designed for the quad tyan opteron boards. I have
    used this case to build a system for a UK university and found the it to
    be excellent. The cooling is superb and my customer even joked that they
    were also using it for wind tunnel simulations :)
    Comes with 8 external hot swap bays for either SCSI or SATA HDDs.
    Not cheap but has all the redundant PSUs etc

    RMC4Q2-T82
    http://www.aicipc.com/productDetail.asp?id=162
    IPC-C4Q-XP 4U
    http://www.pcicase.co.uk/rackmount.ihtml?pid=663&step=4

    Using top quality memory is essential especially if you intend to use
    all 32Gb. For high end 1Gb & 2Gb memory modules I have no hesitation in
    recommending Ventura technology in the US.
    They might not be the very chepest but the quality is as good as
    anything I have ever come across. (only 1 failed stick over the last 5
    years in over 1000 systems I have built)
    http://www.venturatech.com/

    If you need it my contact there ask for Don Hummel

    Hope this helps

    regards

    Jim, Jan 7, 2006