    sky Guest

    Usually the new catalysts are out 6th-10th of each month, maybe they are
    working on improving doom3 and cs:source performance ?

    sky, Oct 13, 2004

  2. sky

    Andrew Guest

    I am still on 4.4 and don't have a problem with performance with
    either of those games.

    Andrew, Oct 13, 2004

  3. sky

    sky Guest

    I don't have a problem with either too, cs:source is smooth and from
    catalyst 4.6 > 4.9b I got 20% faster frame rate in doom3 :). Im looking
    forward to Cat 4.10

    sky, Oct 13, 2004
  4. sky

    Geoff Guest

    they fixed the tv out overscan problem after buggering it up since cat 3.9
    or somet

    Geoff, Oct 13, 2004
  5. Luddite!

    Mike Kirkland, Oct 14, 2004
  6. sky

    NightSky 421 Guest

    Ha! I can top that. I'm still living in the 20th century with a dial-up
    connection to the Internet.

    NightSky 421, Oct 14, 2004
  7. Heathen!

    Mike Kirkland, Oct 14, 2004
  8. sky

    dave Guest

    Me too !! Broadband is still too bl**dy expensive in the UK.

    dave, Oct 14, 2004
  9. sky

    Stoneskin Guest

    dave left a note on my windscreen which said:
    YMMV but I found it was a lot cheaper than the call charges I was
    paying.

    Stoneskin, Oct 14, 2004
  10. sky

    John Smith Guest

    Thats if you can even get it
    had it in London,one of first to get it in sep 99
    moved to Norfolk,aint gonna get it till May 05

    smiffy

    John Smith, Oct 14, 2004
  11. sky

    Tim Guest

    Not in Canada bud, I have a 5 Mbit or 625MByte connection(Cable) for
    $44.95 CAD/mo. I think that's like 20 PS/mo.

    Tim, Oct 14, 2004
  12. sky

    Tim Guest

    OOPS! My bad, that should be 625KByte. So sorry. Still damn fast.

    Tim, Oct 14, 2004
  13. sky

    Aki Peltola Guest

    Well here I pay 20 euros per month for my dial-up
    connection and I can stay online like forever if I want
    without any extra expenses :)

    Aki Peltola, Oct 14, 2004
  14. Usually the new catalysts are out 6th-10th of each month, maybe they are
    I could imagine them skipping 4.10, with 4.11 Beta already out.

    Dirk Dreidoppel, Oct 14, 2004
  15. sky

    Lee Waun Guest

    I have ADSL from telus here in Canada and after all the discounts I get for
    being good telus customer etc I get it for 22.95 a month and that is my
    permanent rate. I am regular adsl so I have 1.5 mbit rate.

    Lee Waun, Oct 14, 2004
  16. sky

    Bruce Mckown Guest

    Canada has some of the cheapest broadband pricing in the world.
    And for dial up in Canada you never have to pay more than $20.00 CAD
    for unlimited access.

    Bruce Mckown, Oct 14, 2004
  17. sky

    Blahguy Guest

    Not everyone can get broadband for technical reasons.
    Given we are in the 21st Century, what year is it where you are ;)

    Blahguy, Oct 15, 2004
  18. sky

    Stoneskin Guest

    Aki Peltola left a note on my windscreen which said:
    For another 3 euros per month you can buy 150KBs ADSL from PIPEX.

    3x faster and doesn't tie up your phone line. YMMV but I know which one
    I would go for (subject to availability of course).

    Stoneskin, Oct 15, 2004