Catalyst 6.4 - Windows Media Center Edition Video Conversion Utility

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Kev, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. Kev

    Kev Guest

    This article says that the above is a new feature. Anyone found it yet ?

    Thanks

    http://www.elitebastards.com/

    ATI have just released their latest CATALYST 6.4 drivers. Aside from the
    usual slew of performance fixes, here's what else is new in this release:

    <snip>

    Windows Media Center Edition Video Conversion Utility
    Catalyst® 6.4 introduces a Windows MCE Video Conversion utility. This
    utility allows users to convert video content that is recorded by MCE, or
    video content that is available to MCE, to variety of different formats. The
    video content can be converted to MPEG-2, MPEG-4 SP, MPEG-4 AVC and Windows
    Media. Ipod Video and PSP video are listed as separate formats for easy
    recognition.

    Kev, Apr 14, 2006

  2. Kev

    NightSky 421 Guest

    To me, performance "fixes" and bug fixes are two totally different things.
    Also, I think it would be naive to even imply that nVidia (or anyone else)
    is not without their own driver problems.

    To say "performance enhancements" would be far more accurate, unless we're
    talking about cheats. :)

    NightSky 421, Apr 15, 2006

  3. Kev

    Kev Guest

    <snip>

    I was just quoting from the web site. Anyone know about this utility ?

    Thanks

    Kev, Apr 15, 2006
  4. Kev

    NightSky 421 Guest

    Please accept my apologies if it seemed that I was implying otherwise.

    NightSky 421, Apr 15, 2006
  5. Kev

    Kev Guest

    LOL. Not an issue !

    Kev, Apr 15, 2006
  6. Kev

    Danny G. Guest

    It's in CCC's basic view window. I think it's a separate download and requires a series x1000 card.

    http://www.ati.com/technology/avivovideoconverter/index.html

    ** The Avivo Video Converter is only supported on Radeon® X1000 Series products.
    --end

    Danny G., Apr 17, 2006
  7. Kev

    Kev Guest