    My card is an ATI 9700Pro. Been running SP2 of XP Pro for almost a week now
    without incident.
    _Fred

    Frederick Pileggi, Sep 4, 2004

  2. Frederick Pileggi

    peter Guest

    Try uninstalling the 4.8's and then reinstalling
    then reinstall the Control Center
    this worked for me
    peter

    peter, Sep 5, 2004

  3. Frederick Pileggi

    Phil Guest

    Why not just d/l the 40MB file, which contans everything you need: the 4.8
    driver, Control Center, Catalyst Control Center.

    Phil, Sep 5, 2004
  4. Phil_ I already was running the 4.8 drivers and matching Control Panel. I
    though you ran either the legacy Control Panel "or" the new Catalyst Control
    Center, but do not need both loaded to run the new Catalyst Control Center.
    _Fred

    Frederick Pileggi, Sep 5, 2004
  5. Frederick Pileggi

    Phil Guest

    All i know is that i installed from the 40MB d/l, which had its components
    listed as: 4.8 driver, control panel, and catalyst control panel.

    Phil, Sep 5, 2004
  6. Update: Guess I was just thinking to much. With the 4.8 drivers and the
    legacy Control Panel working just fine I added the Catalyst Control Center
    separately and now the CCC works just fine.
    _Fred

    Frederick Pileggi, Sep 5, 2004
  7. Frederick Pileggi

    Ed Forsythe Guest

    Control Panel must be installed.

    Ed Forsythe, Sep 8, 2004
  8. Frederick Pileggi

    Ed Forsythe Guest

    When I initially installed Control Center I did so with Control panel
    installed and it worked, but when I tried to access the old Control Panel I
    got a BSOD. I seem to recall a note indicating that CP had to be installed
    so I uninstalled CC, reinstalled CP and CC. CC still worked fine but the
    BSOD prevailed when I tried to access CP. I did some more homework and found
    this in the FAQ;

    Do I still have access to the classic control panel?
    This edition of the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER includes the ATI classic
    control panel and it is installed as part of the display driver
    installation. However, the ATI classic control panel is non functional and
    is only available after the uninstall of the CATALYSTâ„¢ CONTROL CENTER."

    Ed Forsythe, Sep 8, 2004
  9. With both the legacy ControlPanel and ATI Catalyst driver installed I was
    able to install the new CCC. OK... looks nice but for me, no big deal.
    Then I updated .NET Framework 1.1 to SP1. CCC again complains about ATI
    drivers not being installed.... Ugh. I probably just had to reinstall the
    CCC but decided to just uninstalled CCC amd my legacy Control Center was
    back. Good enough for me until I have no choice.
    _Fred

    Frederick Pileggi, Sep 9, 2004