Catalyst cp or ccc stops hardware acceleration

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Beemer, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Beemer

    Beemer Guest

    After a whole day trying to figure out why hardware acceleration and
    direct3d will not work after upgrading Catalyst Control Center to 5.6 I
    uninstalled it and let XP Prof SP2 install the video controllers and drivers
    for my 19" Hitachi CRT (RGB) and my 17" Samsung 172x TFT (DVI).
    DXDIAG then reported that all tests passed. My AMD64 4000 on K8 neo2 plat
    and 9800 Pro speeded up dramatically even on just IE6 scrolling.

    I then thought that perhaps all these posters who have been rubbishing ccc
    and promoting cp were correct so I installed the cp version of 5.6.

    Ran DXDIAG and guess what ....no hardware acceleration or direct3d working.

    ATITool...no direct3D

    Have I missed something!!!

    Beemer

    Beemer, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Beemer

    Ian Oxley Guest

    Is this 9800 on AGP? What AGP driver have you installed?

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0524-1, 14/06/2005
    Tested on: 14/06/2005 22:48:54

    Ian Oxley, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Beemer

    First of One Guest

    You rebooted *twice* after installing the 5.6 drivers, right?

    First of One, Jun 15, 2005
  4. Beemer

    Beemer Guest

    Yes the ATI 9800Pro is AGP and as I have neo2 plat I have nforce3 chipset
    drivers
    I notice that in dxdiag there is no AGP memory available and also the
    message

    Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a
    final version from the hardware manufacturer
    The error messge I do not understand as the direct3d works just fine with
    the 9800pro using under xp drivers

    Beemer

    Beemer, Jun 15, 2005
  5. Beemer

    Beemer Guest

    After a whole day trying to figure out why hardware acceleration and
    direct3d will not work after upgrading Catalyst Control Center to 5.6 I
    uninstalled it and let XP Prof SP2 install the video controllers and drivers
    for my 19" Hitachi CRT (RGB) and my 17" Samsung 172x TFT (DVI).
    DXDIAG then reported that all tests passed. My AMD64 4000 on K8 neo2 plat
    and 9800 Pro speeded up dramatically even on just IE6 scrolling.

    I then thought that perhaps all these posters who have been rubbishing ccc
    and promoting cp were correct so I installed the cp version of 5.6.

    Ran DXDIAG and guess what ....no hardware acceleration or direct3d working.

    ATITool...no direct3D

    Have I missed something!!!

    Beemer

    FIX.... I uninstalled absolutely everything in disks and registry which
    started in ATI. Deleted all non XP display drivers then deleted unused
    device manager items. I then installed the 5.6 drivers rebooted then
    installed 5.6 control panel.

    All directx functions now working on both displays. Whew!!

    Beemer

    Beemer, Jun 15, 2005