    welcome.

    Regards,
    Gary

    Gary, Jan 15, 2009

  2. Gary

    Augustus Guest

    Try just the display driver and not the entire Ctalyst suite.
    (it's the one with 8-12_xp32_dd_72271.exe file name) Failing that, post more
    details about your system as well as trying progressively older display
    driver versions from the present......

    Augustus, Jan 16, 2009

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    Thanks. I've not had a chance to do that yet, but it would appear the
    problem is caused after setting the TV display. This defaults to 1024x768
    (where it normally shows a scrolled portion of my desktop 1680x1050
    resolution). It doesn't appear this figure can be changed and thereafter
    causes the desktop to always boot into 1024x768 :(

    Gary, Jan 17, 2009
  4. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I've switched back to an older version: catalyst-8-111-050222a-021277c

    No problem with that, so it's clearly a problem with the later/latest
    version(s)

    Gary, Jan 17, 2009
  5. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I've since tried other earlier versions, the problem seems to be appear with
    the big change in Catalyst, I think when it requires Net Framework to
    function. Anyone know the final version before this?

    It seems such a glaring error I'm amazed that no-one else has encountered it
    and that it's not been fixed by now.

    Gary, Jan 18, 2009
  6. Gary

    Mike Ray Guest

    I just put upgraded to a HD3650. If CCC has to reset my card my desk top
    always goes back to 1024x768 (from 1280x1024). This only seems to happen
    with one game (Raven Shield) and then not often. A bigger problem I has
    is CCC, for some reason, begins to grow in memory usage until my desk
    top begins to slow down and then studder. I have to start Task Manager
    and close CCC which fixes everything. I would remove CCC but the card
    reset lets me continue the online game to get to good exit point (or get
    killed...LOL). I used the driver on the HD3650's CD, I will update
    sometime soon.

    Mike Ray, Jan 19, 2009