Catastrophic failure in Pinnacle PCTV Rave PCI-card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by A., Jan 9, 2004.

  1. A.

    A. Guest

    Dear clever folks;

    I bought a Pinnacle PCTV Rave PCI-card before Christmas (a PCI-card that
    turns the computer into a television set), but I have been unable to use it,
    since

    after install of the application software of the Pinnacle PCTV Rave I get
    the following error message:

    "Catastrophic failure

    Pinnacle PCTV (Pro)

    The installation programme could not start after the restart of the system"

    I have installed the drivers which has been without problems, but the main
    application software seems to be the problem.

    I have done Windows update and all kind of different sequences of hardware /
    sofrware installation to no use.

    I have windows Xp Pro
    AMD 500 MHZ K2
    (maybe to the weak side, but it ought to work).

    Have anyone seen that strange error message ?

    I suspect this to be a Windows issue, but any idea is certainly welcome.

    Thanks clever folks,

    Peter

    A., Jan 9, 2004

  2. A.