    re: GA-8KNXP :

    Can the Gigaraid IDE connectors be used for a CD player or CDRW? If
    so can it be set as a boot drive?

    Alan Howard, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Alan Howard

    Taliska Guest

    Can the Gigaraid IDE connectors be used for a CD player or CDRW.

    I believe not - didn't work when I put them there and I did read that it
    wouldn't work somewhere.

    Taliska

    Taliska, Sep 26, 2003

  3. Alan Howard

    Dave Cormie Guest

    Not worth a damn. I have 4 cd/DVD's using all my primary IDE's and boot
    from the HD's on the raid controller. Works great and they can be set as
    boot if that is what you want.

    The raid controller is made for hard drives and works well for that but is
    very flakey with cd's (some will work but not any of mine)

    I spent 3 hours with every combo you can imagine before the tec and I just
    put them (cd/DVD's) on the primary's and voila , all was good with the
    world.

    Dave Cormie, Oct 2, 2003