    Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PC's on this laptop. Is there some
    setting I can change or something to make this work????.

    ~Mitch

    Mitch, Mar 19, 2007

  2. Mitch

    Colin Wilson Guest

    > Is there some setting I can change or something to make this work????

    The BIOS ?

    Colin Wilson, Mar 19, 2007

  3. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    On Mar 19, 3:30 pm, Colin Wilson
    <> wrote:
    > > Is there some setting I can change or something to make this work????

    > The BIOS ?

    No, checked all the settings in BIOS, has no reference to the CD-ROM
    boot, doesn't even list a CD-ROM as a device, but it does in
    Windows...Helping you out any????

    ~~Mitch

    Mitch, Mar 22, 2007
  4. Mitch

    Colin Wilson Guest

    > > > Is there some setting I can change or something to make this work????
    > > The BIOS ?

    > No, checked all the settings in BIOS, has no reference to the CD-ROM
    > boot, doesn't even list a CD-ROM as a device, but it does in
    > Windows...Helping you out any????

    When I said the BIOS, I meant to re-flash the bugger to one that works
    :-}

    Colin Wilson, Mar 22, 2007
  5. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    Guys....

    Thanks for all your help. I found an article on the Compaq forums,
    and it redirected me to a flash update for the BIOS. I downloaded it,
    installed it, and it updated my BIOS to 1999. My cd-rom boot re-
    enabled.....Thanks,

    Mitch~~

    Mitch, Apr 8, 2007