    CD-RW in it. Other CD's work fine (music and software). I made sure
    the session on the CD-RW was closed.

    Is there any way to remedy this?

    Dan, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Dan

    jamotto Guest

    I think your cd-rom is to old to be able to read CD-RW. It might be
    able to read CD-R's that have been closed. You will need a new cd rom
    drive that can read CD-RW's.

    jamotto, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Probably not. The reflectivity characteristics of CD-RW discs are
    quite different to CD/CD-R discs and the drive needs to have
    "multiread" capabilities in order to read them. Multiread did not
    become standard until 1998 so if your CD-ROM is older it likely hasn't
    the required functionality.

    jb

    Jeremy Barker, Nov 2, 2003
  4. Dan

    Guest Guest

    Youse guys!!!

    Why don't u tell this chap to try installing a UDF reader first ???

    I have seen pretty old 95ers learn to read CDRWs just by installing
    this little piece of software. THEN you will know if the hardware is
    capable or not.

    http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/3302-2100-9497911.html

    There's a few of those in various places, but AFAIK it's a fairly
    standard thingie.

    If this won't do, google for {"UDF Reader" AND driver and donwnload}.

    Filippo

    Guest, Nov 5, 2003