    the CD-ROM is not acquiring a Drive letter. Attempts at setting up
    ATAPI have so far failed.

    Any suggestions?

    Billy, Feb 1, 2007

  2. How about listing your hardware, telling us what OS you're trying to
    install, and breaking your posts up into a couple or three paragraphs to
    make them a little easier to read?

    You seem to have tried more than one optical drive, but have you tried more
    than one CD? - Is the one you're currently using dirty or damaged?

    You also say you're building a computer with a fresh hard disk. Does this
    imply that immediately prior to installing this new HD, the system had an OS
    up and running - and that the optical drive was properly recognised and
    worked fine?

    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom