    to change the drive is a complicate thing, or if I can do it by myself.

    Thanks in advance,

    Mark.

    Mark, Nov 12, 2006

  2. To change the drive yourself using an identical drive (same make/model)
    is usually not a problem with one exception: Some of the major OEMs use
    drives that are custom configured internally different from "standard"
    drives (Toshiba does this a lot). The only way to absolutely avoid a
    problem in this regard is to get the drive from the laptop manufacturer
    as a replacement part (or to get a drive off E-Bay that was in the same
    laptop model).

    To replace the drive with a different drive can be a real can of worms,
    because there can be mechanical issues.

    On the other hand, sometimes you try an upgrade (CD to DVD burner) and
    it just goes great, without a hitch.

    The real problem is that you never know for sure how it's going to work
    out until you actually try it.

    You should get a service manual for the laptop in question so that you
    know how the drive is removed and installed.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 12, 2006

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Thanks a lot.