CD-ROM will not boot up

Discussion in 'Acer' started by carlos1163, May 22, 2008.

1. carlos1163

carlos1163

Hello there.

Recently, I figured out that I had the Virut.Q virus, which is basically a polymorphic virus that spreads and infects all your .EXE and .SCR files. Basically, it's the terminal cancer of online viruses. Anyways, I hadn't noticed until like, two days (approx. estimate), when my friend notified me that there had been a virus in one of the files I had had. I quickly downloaded a free trial of NOD32 only to find that my whole system32 folder was infected. I had no option except to reformat, but here's the stupid part. I went on with deleting the whole system32 folder, because NOD32 had detected that the Virut.Q had infected every SINGLE file in it. So it deleted it. I turned off my computer, and as I expected, it wouldn't log in. So my friend lent me a CD-R with Windows XP Service Pack 2 on it, and I just got home and put it in. Of course, I was planning to reformat. The problem is that when I boot-up CD-ROM first, it'll say Verifying DMI something something, I forgot, and then on the bottom, it would say, Boot up CD...... From there I would assume it was working, but it just continues on. Basically, it skips the boot up, and continues on to start up Windows XP.

So here my question, do you think this problem is with the CD-R, because again, it is considered a "warez", or do you think my computer will not read any CD again, and it's a paperweight? Is there any possible way to fix this?

carlos1163, May 22, 2008
  2. carlos1163

domihad

Just repair your windows, boot from the cd, and pick the 2nd repair option to do it automatic (not the 1st option!)

domihad, May 27, 2008
Ask a Question