    Paint Shop Photo Album. Since I will be using them for my Photos should I
    reinstall them to my D drive?
    david

    david, Feb 20, 2005

  2. david

    Brian K Guest

    No, continue to install all new software to your C: drive but put all your
    photos on the D: drive. You should be able to change the default storage
    folder of Paint Shop Photo Album to a folder on the D: drive, but if you
    can't, then uninstall and install to the D: drive. During installation,
    instead of installing to C:\Program Files\... just change C to D so that it
    reads D:\Program Files\...

    Ideally you want WindowsXP and installed programs on the C: drive so they
    are included in the same image backup.

    Brian K, Feb 20, 2005

  3. david

    david Guest

    How about the spyware or other programs I just uninstalled. Can they be
    download to the D drive now?
    I only have five of them, not counting the two backup programs you told me
    about.
    david

    david, Feb 21, 2005
  4. david

    Brian K Guest

    Arrange for all future internet downloads to go direct to a folder on the D:
    drive. Already installed programs stay on the C: drive. They will be in
    C:\Program Files not My Documents.

    Brian K, Feb 21, 2005
  5. david

    Brian K Guest

    Brian K, Feb 21, 2005
  6. david

    david Guest

    Hi Brian,
    The web sight you gave me is excellent. I haven't been able to go over all
    of it as yet. I have been installing my downloaded programs into my new D
    drive. Now that I have this part done should I think about downloading the
    backup programs?
    david

    david, Feb 22, 2005
  7. david

    Brian K Guest

    By "installing" I hope you mean moving files to the Data drive. You
    shouldn't "install" software to your Data drive.

    Brian

    Brian K, Feb 22, 2005
  8. david

    david Guest

    These were the internet downloads for the spyware I had deleted and then
    reinstalled to the D drive?
    david

    david, Feb 22, 2005
  9. david

    Brian K Guest

    ok

    Brian K, Feb 22, 2005
  10. david

    david Guest

    Hi Brian,
    Sorry I took so long to reply but somehow I lost the connection to the
    newsgroup and just got it back.
    As I understand, I can install any thing I download from the Internet to the
    D drive but if I install a program from a CD or DVD I install to the C
    drive, is this right?
    david

    david, Feb 23, 2005
  11. david

    Brian K Guest

    Not really. Any file you download goes to the D:\ drive. Then when you
    double click on that file to install the program you will be asked about
    installing to C:\Program Files\... Accept this. So the program is
    actually installed to the C:\ drive. I think we've had a difference in the
    understanding of the terms download, move and install.

    Installing from a CD also goes to C:\Program Files\...

    Brian

    Brian K, Feb 23, 2005
  12. david

    david Guest

    OK I think I understand what you mean. Install the .exe file to the D drive
    then when you click it to open, install in the C drive. I think the ones I
    have already installed to the D drive are ok because they also installed to
    parts of the C drive. With your help I think I am beginning to see the
    difference between the two drives.
    david

    david, Feb 23, 2005
  13. david

    Brian K Guest

    You have got it. Download is receiving a file from the internet. Installing
    is a Windows process to make the application work. Files may be placed in
    numerous areas of the C:\ drive by the install process.

    Let me reword your message

    "OK I think I understand what you mean. Download the .exe file to the D
    drive
    Does that make sense?

    Brian

    Brian K, Feb 23, 2005
  14. david

    david Guest

    OK, I now have it. It took some time, we almost ran out of post space, I
    stopped getting the flag showing if the post has been open. Now that I have
    this part, is there another step to do?
    david

    david, Feb 23, 2005
  15. david

    Brian K Guest

    So now you have My documents folder on the D:\ drive.

    Can you work Second Copy?

    Brian K, Feb 23, 2005
  16. david

    david Guest

    Unfortunately when I deleted the programs to move them over to the D drive,
    I must of deleted Second Copy also. I will have to download it again, I was
    on the 30 day trial.
    Should I download to the D drive?
    david

    david, Feb 25, 2005
  17. david

    Brian K Guest

    Download all files from the internet to the D:\ drive then install to the
    usual C:\Program Files. Actually, if you haven't paid for Second Copy yet,
    hold your money because you really need a second hard drive to make it
    worthwhile. Install the trial and play with it, sending your backup copy to
    a folder on the D:\ drive.

    Brian

    Brian K, Feb 25, 2005
  18. david

    Brian K Guest

    Brian K, Feb 25, 2005
  19. david

    david Guest

    Hi Brian,
    I looked over EZBack-it-up and again it calls for a packet writing software
    (DirectCD, InCD, itc.) Unfortunately my "RecordNow" which came with my Dell
    computer doesn't qualify. I have to have a software that will format my CD.
    But it is a free download and I could try it? What do you think?
    david

    david, Feb 26, 2005
  20. david

    Brian K Guest

    David, don't use packet writing software. It's unreliable. I used to have it
    but I uninstalled it a long time ago. You can use EZBackitup just to create
    backup folders on you hard drive, which can be burnt with regular CD writing
    software such as Record Now.

    If you really want to try packet writing software against my advice, is your
    email address correct?

    Brian

    Brian K, Feb 26, 2005