    interested though because she will probably think(and maybe correctly)
    that a Celeron 2.4 is faster than a Celeron M 1.5.

    Danny

    Danny, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Danny

    Notan Guest

    Neice? Spare? Sell?

    GIVE her the damn thing! <g>

    Notan

    Notan, Aug 6, 2006

  3. Danny

    Danny Guest

    LOL, I wish I could. I just gave her a brand new external DVD/CD
    burner because her laptop's CDburner/DVD combo was dying. The only
    reason I "may" have a spare V2000Z is because I just bought a Compaq
    V5209US yesterday for $450 AR just because I thought it was a good
    deal. I will probably end up returning it, as the V2000Z works fine
    for me, even if the hard drive is half the size and the display is 1.3"
    smaller than the V5209US.

    Seriously though, with all the horror stories I've read over the past
    two weeks about Dell's laptops and their display and CDRW/DVD combo
    problems(so many say the same thing... I can hear some lawyer yelling
    class-action) I'm kind of glad I bought these Compaqs.(and even more
    glad that I used my American Express which doubles the 1-year warranty)
    It seems that an inordinate number of Inspiron and Latitude owners
    have problems at the 13-18 month range than any other time-frame.

    Danny

    Danny, Aug 6, 2006
  4. Danny

    BigJIm Guest

    I had the chance to test a cel M 1.5 and it runs as fast as my P4 2.4 gig
    laptop for the internet and word processing.

    BigJIm, Aug 7, 2006
  5. The Celeron M is probably slighlty faster. These CPUs may be close in
    power but the M probably uses a lot less power.

    However, given what's currently available (which I think is "clearing
    the deck" for the Merom), I would not buy any Celeron, I'd get a full
    Centrino system.

    Barry Watzman, Aug 7, 2006