Chaintech Zenith Ultra

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daz, May 9, 2004.

  1. Daz

    Daz Guest

    Any suggestions for restoring my sound?
    I have recently purchased a Chaintech Zenith Ultra 7NJS MoBo. My sound
    was working fine for approx. 2 weeks then one day i tried to play
    something & nothing!.
    I have tried all the usual remedies - re-installing sound driver,
    re-install of OS, Checking my speakers work DUH! And trying other
    versions of the Cmedia driver from other support sites. - Nothing!!

    If i go into my Bios and either cycle through the 4 - 6 sound channel
    options or i set default settings, then save settings & exit/restart -
    I get sound !
    However when i turn machine off, or restart again - No Sound!

    I have also flashed my Bios to recent spec.

    One other trait i get is that i get 2 game ports showing in device
    manager, one installs fine - the other shows an error, saying "Code
    12" not enough system resources, plus i cannot get this to install
    with driver etc (suspect this is bogus !)

    I have given up on asking Chaintech for support - There web site is
    completely CRAP!, broken links, page loading speed near ZERO!, and
    download speeds of 60 Bytes per second !! Absolute joke the whole
    thing! Plus they dont answer any of my Tech. requests!

    I am reluctant to return the board to Microland technology where i
    purchased it, as equally they two are a bunch of Cun*s, as it took
    them weeks to supply my goods, when they promised 3 days (plus several
    lengthy expensive phone calls moaning at them)

    The simple answer is to install a new sound card i suppose, but after
    spending £111 on this board, i really shouldn't have too, should i?

    IF YOU TOO, ARE GETTING PROBLEMS WITH CHAINTECH, WOULD YOU PLEASE
    E-MAIL THEM AND COMPLAIN, AFTER ALL - WITHOUT US, THEY HAVE NO
    COMPANY! PERHAPS THEY WILL LISTEN IF THEY RECEIVE MANY COMPLAINTS.

    Oh by the way i am also running a AMD 2500 chip, windows XP Home,
    512Mb 3200 corsair RAM, service pack 1, and a crappy 32 megg Ge-force
    tnt graphics card.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    Daz

    Daz, May 9, 2004