1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

Change a Thinkpad 600 to a 600 E

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by scanner, Jul 30, 2006.

  1. scanner

    scanner Guest

    I have a 600 2645-51U and was wanting to know if I can change the
    bottom section as a unit to the below :

    IBM ThinkPad 600 400MHz Motherboard, CPU, Chassis, RAM IBM ThinkPad 600
    System Board, Intel PII 400MHz Processor, Fan, Power Button, 56K Modem,
    PCMCIA Slots, Sound Card, Video Card, Heat Sink, Floppy port, Battery
    and CD-ROM Drive connectors, Bottom case/chassis, etc...
    Type 2645-4DU

    And in turn make mine a 600E basically.

    I'm an electronics tech so I should be able to handle making the
    Thank you very much!
    scanner, Jul 30, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  2. scanner

    John Navas Guest

    Why not buy a used 600E (or 600X) on eBay, even if just for parts.
    John Navas, Jul 30, 2006
    1. Advertisements

  3. scanner

    cmdrdata Guest

    I have done this swap and yes it is possible depending on the DISPLAY
    TYPE you currently have. If it is an HPA display then the 600E bottom
    will not take the display top. The HPA ribbon cable have a different
    connector. If the display is TFT type, then you should be all set.
    cmdrdata, Jul 30, 2006
  4. scanner

    obs Guest

    obs, Jul 31, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.