    about "Just set your font size to your liking." Well, how the heck do I do
    that in a browser on a web page that doesn't work when I change the font
    size setting?

    Homer Sampson, Dec 2, 2004

  2. P.S. I am not interested in changing the resolution from the display
    resolution - the scaling looks very bad.

    Homer Sampson, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Homer Sampson

    Alex Quant Guest

    Internet Explorer 6.x : access the Internet Options by selecting the "Tools"
    menu. From there, click the "Accessibility" and check "Ignore font sizes
    specified on Web pages". The should override the font size attributes set by
    the web-page designer.

    HTH,

    Alex Quant

    ~ Reply-To is set to a valid email address ~

    Alex Quant, Dec 2, 2004
  4. Homer Sampson

    Good Man Guest

    .... and all us web-designers make the sound of being punched in the gut....

    Good Man, Dec 3, 2004
  5. Windows supports that but many applications don't and bitmaps aren't scaled.

    I've had the same problem with Dell laptops. My solution was to use a proxy server
    and alter font sizes on the fly to make 15 pixels the smallest size. It's not a
    perfect solution and I occasionally bypass the proxy if a particular site is
    unreadable. At this point I may use the taskbar magnifier to let me enlarge the text.

    One can argue that web-designers who ignore text viewability deserve whatever they
    get. I'm curious as to why you feel it necessary to specify absolute font sizes in a
    web page? If the web page didn't use an absolute font size, the user could adjust the
    size through use of their browser text size configuration. Isn't it better for the web
    site/designer that the user can actually read the web page?

    Mike

    Mike Blake-Knox, Dec 5, 2004
  6. Homer Sampson

    me/2 Guest

    On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 11:48:11 EST, Mike Blake-Knox

    :>
    :>> P.S. I am not interested in changing the resolution from the display
    :>> resolution - the scaling looks very bad.
    :>
    :>Windows supports that but many applications don't and bitmaps aren't scaled.
    :>
    :>> :>> >I just bought an IBM T42p laptop, and the 1600x1200 is too small for me.
    :>
[...]

    They're probably the same ones that use absolute sizing that makes it
    impossible to print out their web pages without using some sort of a "shrink
    to fit" addon to IE. Or you can use, as I do, Firefox with its built-in
    "shrink to fit" capability for printing web pages. I guess they just want
    you to keep coming back to read their pages online so they get more "hits"
    for their advertising. :)

    :>Mike

    me/2

    me/2, Dec 5, 2004