    Any suggestions of what else is need or might be wrong?

    Thanks much,

    Toni P.

    tpennacchia, Jan 29, 2007

  2. tpennacchia

    ZnU Guest

    In article <>,
    "tpennacchia" <> wrote:

    > Hey guys,
    >
    > I am mainly a Windows Administrator by day; however, the radio station
    > that I am involved is an all Mac environment.
    >
    > The college that is essentially their ISP changed IP addresses for the
    > server and after this happened, people can no longer use their network
    > user accounts on the Mac OS X server; however, they can mount groups.
    > Any suggestions of what else is need or might be wrong?

    I assume we're talking about Open Directory accounts?

    Changing the IP in the Network preference pane doesn't automatically
    change it everywhere it's used. In particular, if the clients were
    finding the Open Directory server through DHCP, the DHCP server has to
    be updated to give the right address. Also, Open Directory
    authentication requires that DNS for the server work *in both
    directions*, so check that reverse DNS works for the new IP.

    --
    "That's George Washington, the first president, of course. The interesting thing
    about him is that I read three--three or four books about him last year. Isn't
    - George W. Bush to reporter Kai Diekmann, May 5, 2006

    ZnU, Jan 29, 2007