    using overlay so slideshow would be seen as movie and would work in the
    same way in theatre mode. Did you heard about such program?
    Marx

    Marx, Mar 10, 2006

  2. Marx

    J. Clarke Guest

    FWIW, ATI boards _used_ to allow this functionality, but they seem to have
    removed support for it from their latest software--too busy ooohing and
    aaahing over dot net I guess to be bothered with actually maintaining
    functionality that has been present for years. Somebody at ATI needs to be
    gone over with a cluebat.

    J. Clarke, Mar 10, 2006

  3. Naw, its there. Just go to dropdown menu Profiles/Profiles Manager and save
    your desktop how you like it. Then go to Hotkeys manager and assign a hotkey
    to that profile. Simple.

    You can also use a program called UltraMon which does a great job of
    manipulating monitors with great multi monitor support too. However, it
    costs $40 after 30 or 45 day trial. But worth every penny IMHO.

    http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

    To each their own, but I have been using Ultramon to switch between two
    monitors, set up separate backgrounds for each monitor, and control windows
    amongst both. Works spectacular!

    HockeyTownUSA, Mar 11, 2006
  4. Marx

    J. Clarke Guest

    Try it with the latest drivers. Doesn't work anymore. It's there, you can
    make the settings, but when you hit the hotkey nothing happens.

    Incidentally the latest drivers also break Powerstrip.
    But can ultramon let you change resolutions with a hotkey?

    J. Clarke, Mar 11, 2006
  5. Still works for me.
    Yes, you can change anything anyhow you want to with a hotkey. I thought
    switching between two monitors with separate resolutions would be a simple
    task, but with the ATI drivers it isn't possible. With UltraMon just set it
    up the way you want it, and save the settings and then assign a hotkey to
    that setting.

    HockeyTownUSA, Mar 12, 2006
  6. Marx

    J. Clarke Guest

    What driver version are you using and what board? I've been doing this for
    years, set up a new machine with an X700, and surprise, it doesn't work and
    ATI tech support says it's "not supported".

    J. Clarke, Mar 12, 2006
  7. Marx

    Marx Guest

    OK, i did it (Catalyst 5.13)
    At first it didn't work - i made two separate profiles, but after
    pressing hotkey nothing has changed
    Next i made :
    -first profile with TV-out switched off, 1280x1024
    -second TV-out on, 1024x768
    Most important is to tick "save all options" during profile saving
    I also switched on "Theatre mode" - I couln't make proper profiles in
    Clone mode (I suspect it's something with bultin windows multimonitor
    support).

    Nice is that Theatre mode works like cloning until you play any film, so
    I can easily make slideshow on TV
    Marx

    Marx, Mar 13, 2006