    If I F1 out it proceeds and there are no problems after that (so far).
    I'm wondering what changed and what I need to do.

    \Samson

    Samson, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Samson

    Samson Guest

    OK. I turned off CPU fan speed monitoring as I remembered that I have
    a fan speed pot in line with the fan and that got me through bootup
    without the stop. that problem is solved.

    But I still have a half screen of unsync'd video immediately when I
    turn it on. What could that be? It wasn't there before I changed
    the battery.

    \Samson

    Samson, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Samson

    Tim Guest

    Chances are when you replaced the CMOS battery, it wiped out the settings.
    I would go into BIOS, note the current settings, load setup defaults and
    then re-enter any speicific settings needed for your machine to run, save,
    power off, reboot.

    I doubt there would be many required non-default settings for a P4B (not
    that I have ever had one) because there is no on board SATA or RAID right?

    - Tim

    Tim, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Samson

    Zeneca Guest

    Also, revise the video card and reseat it properly on the slot.
    Clear the connections on the graphic board pcb with alcohol and leave it dry
    before reinstall.

    Zeneca, Jul 19, 2005