Changing default directory access will cause windowserver CPU usage

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Ilgaz Ocal, Jul 28, 2005.

  1. Ilgaz Ocal

    Ilgaz Ocal Guest

    Hi,

    I just post it so nobody spends 2 days to figure whats the problem or
    needlessly re install their OS.

    If you come from windows world and advanced user, first thing you do
    after OS install is disabling unneccesary services.

    In case of OS X 10.4.0-10.4.2 don't. Leave them alone. I am speaking
    about directory access utility in Utilities.

    It took 2 days to figure my windowserver CPU load problems reason. It
    was a clear nightmare, 20-30% CPU constant right after boot. (
    <> )

    Should I report this to Apple? I am completely sure it was the reason
    thanks to my non modified "repair" partition.

    Have a nice day

    Ilgaz Ocal

    Ilgaz Ocal, Jul 28, 2005