Changing Hard Drive Aspire 1362 WLMi

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Mertyl Kapertyl, Feb 17, 2007.

  1. I'm faced with the task specified above.

    From a previous thread it seems that the hard drive is situated in a drawer
    behind the battery, this seems to be so in my case, though the model I have
    is different to the previous thread.

    The drawer has a clear plastic tag attached to it which seems to be inviting
    a tug, the tug was duly applied but nothing seems to be moving. Are there
    any screws which need removing or latches which need to be released prior to
    removal, or am I merely not tugging hard enough. Perhaps one of the previous
    correspondents, or someone else who has experienced this task would be kind
    enough to advise me.

    Thanks in advance for any useful advice.

    Kind Regards

    Mertyl

    Mertyl Kapertyl, Feb 17, 2007

  2. Mertyl Kapertyl

    doS Guest

    Look at the end oppiste the tag, one small screw...

    doS, Feb 17, 2007

  3. Thanks doS. I'll have another look with your advice in mind.

    Thanks for the rapid response.

    Mertyl

    Mertyl Kapertyl, Feb 17, 2007
  4. Sorry but I can't see any screws in the area at all. I have taken off the
    memory cover and removed the memory in case the screw was hidden in there
    but no joy.

    Any other offers?

    Mertyl

    Mertyl Kapertyl, Feb 17, 2007
  5. Mertyl Kapertyl

    doS Guest

    the drive should pull out by the tab.

    doS, Feb 17, 2007
  6. Is that after removing the screw? Is the screw under the keyboard? I can't
    see anything in the way of a screw in what I think should be the right area
    under the base of the machine. Is the screw visible without dismantling any
    components?

    Mertyl

    Mertyl Kapertyl, Feb 17, 2007
  7. Mertyl Kapertyl

    doS Guest

    on my 1640wmli, you remove the bottom HDD door, there is a silver tray, with
    a pull tab and a single screw that is visible.

    doS, Feb 18, 2007
  8. Mertyl Kapertyl

    doS Guest

    doS, Feb 18, 2007
  9. Thanks for your involvement so far.

    From the exploded view I have of my lappie there is an item which fits
    inside the tray called the cradle and it is into this that the HDD fits. The
    exploded view is so small and poorly defined as to be almost useless - no
    doubt you've seen them yourself.

    There is no HDD access door on my machine, only the end of the tray/ cradle
    assembly is visible when the battery is removed and, alas, no screw. The two
    access panels that are on the base give entry to the RAM and to what
    appears to be the wireless module.

    Will arrange photo(s) and send.

    Mertyl

    Mertyl Kapertyl, Feb 18, 2007
  10. Finally went for it! With a two handed grip and a good steady pull out she
    came, the carrier with the hard drive in it, no screws holding the carrier
    into the case at all, only the friction of the connector pins into their
    receptacles. Hard drive cannot go anywhere with the battery fitted in any
    case so no need for any addition means of securing it into position.

    Thanks doS.

    Mertyl

    Mertyl Kapertyl, Feb 18, 2007
  11. Mertyl Kapertyl