    reason. I don't want a complete piece of junk. Would like to avoid eVGA
    brand, for reasons beyond the scope of this post.

    Any advice would be appreciated.

    FeMaster, Mar 19, 2007

  2. FeMaster

    deimos Guest

    I did a little looking around and you're right; they're pretty sparse at
    the moment. You've probably been told this quite a bit now, but your
    money is best spent on a casual upgrade to a complete A64/Core Duo PCIE
    system.

    Barring that, the only way you're gonna find a 7600GT AGP (and not the
    more common GS or 7800GS) for that price is through clearance at a
    retail store (sometimes Staples or CompUSA, but I've never seen them
    carry a GT) or eBay.

    If you do go the ebay route, make DAMN certain you use PayPal or a
    merchant account to allow for any dispute resolution. Paypal is pretty
    good in that you may not even have to pay for a bad purchase. Otherwise
    7600GT's should be in good shape. Look for ones with the stock HSF and
    make sure there's no small print that says "for parts".

    deimos, Mar 20, 2007

  3. FeMaster

    First of One Guest

    First of One, Mar 20, 2007
  4. FeMaster

    BigJim Guest

    BigJim, Mar 20, 2007
  5. FeMaster

    FeMaster Guest

    Actually, I know what I SHOULD be doing, but unfortunately, I have an "old
    lady" that has partial say in the way the cash flows. I just finished
    building a system for a friend of mine who has all the latest and greatest
    (nearly anyway). If only...

    Thank for your reply...

    FeMaster, Mar 20, 2007
  6. FeMaster

    Charlie Guest

    You also have the wrong woman

    Charlie, Mar 20, 2007
  7. FeMaster

    King Beowulf Guest

    bullshit. after the divorce he still won't be able to afford the "latest and
    greatest".

    King Beowulf, Mar 20, 2007
  8. FeMaster

    Cessna 310 Guest

    The eggster has a few AGP 7600GT cards, but they start around $180 (b4
    we bait). GSs are cheaper starting around $115 (for an ASUS). I've got
    both 7600GS PCIx and 7600GT PCIx cards and have no issues with either.
    Have had four eVGA cards (inc. my current 7600GS) without any problems
    or complaints. Haven't had any problems with the ASUS video card either.

    Before you leap into a card, you should ask yourself whether you really
    NEED the performance of the GT or will the GS work OK? I do light games
    and MS Flight Sim 2004 cranked up. No problem for eaither the 7600GS or
    7600GT.

    Follows is the newegg link with 7600GS and GTs listed:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...deValue=679:20619&PropertyCodeValue=679:20131

    Cessna 310, Mar 21, 2007
  9. FeMaster

    No One Guest

    Gee...my 7600GTOC PCI-express card was sub $150 shipped...and that was
    months ago.

    No One, Mar 21, 2007
  10. FeMaster

    No One Guest

    Really freaking close...

    http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=321108

    No One, Mar 21, 2007
  11. FeMaster

    ephedralover Guest

    AG Who?

    Those are in a bin next to 8 Track tapes.

    :)

    ephedralover, Mar 21, 2007
  12. FeMaster

    DRS Guest

    PCIe cards today are always cheaper than their AGP equivalents.

    DRS, Mar 22, 2007
  13. FeMaster

    ephedralover Guest

    ephedralover, Mar 22, 2007
  14. FeMaster

    No One Guest

    Is that just due to market demand?

    No One, Mar 23, 2007
  15. FeMaster

    No One Guest

    Have fun with it.

    No One, Mar 23, 2007
  16. FeMaster

    DRS Guest

    It's probably the manufacturers, since the cost of the PCIe-AGP bridging
    chip can't be that much.

    DRS, Mar 23, 2007
  17. FeMaster

    FeMaster Guest

    Thanks for the link. I had actually found that one, and was SERIOUSLY
    considering it. I was hoping that maybe someone could find (or knew of) a
    place that was even cheaper. There was actually a few others that I
    considered, but was skeptical as to whether I wanted to take the chance of
    going with an unknown company or one that seems to have a generally
    not-so-good rating.

    http://www.provantage.com/xfx-pvt73audf3~7PINE07K.htm
    http://www.priceguidenetwork.com/product.php?productid=54118
    http://www.xpcgear.com/vt73audf3.html
    http://www.shop.com/op/~XFX_GeForce...ual_DVI_)-prod-41425380-54958034?sourceid=298
    http://www.comparemaster.com/ssprod...13&crcat=fpc&crsource=froogle&crkw=PVT73AUDF3
    http://www.etech4sale.com/XFX_VCX_PVT73AUDF3_GeForce_7600GT/PVT73AUDF3/partinfo-id-260722.html
    http://www.sureneeds.com/pvt73audf3.html
    http://www.nulime.com/GeForce-7600GT-256MB-DDR3-nVidia-PCI-Express-p167012-c3169.html
    http://www.spacecentersystems.com/product_info.php?products_id=106708

    Anybody have any opinions they can express as far as any of these companies
    go? I'd hate to take the chance on an unknown and get screwed...

    FeMaster, Mar 27, 2007