    from games etc? or just not be able to play audio cds?

    input appereciated

    -james

    JAYMZ B, May 14, 2004

  2. JAYMZ B

    Jim Phelps Guest

    Hi James, You just wont be able to play audio CDs. Jim

    Jim Phelps, May 14, 2004

  3. JAYMZ B

    jamotto Guest

    Most games today copy all sound related files to the harddrive and
    play them from there. At worst in older games your more likely to
    lose the background music than the sound effects. Even in these games
    there usually is a option to copy all sound files to the harddrive
    either by selecting install full option or selecting copy sound files
    to harddrive option.

    Dos based games might give you trouble.

    jamotto, May 14, 2004
  4. JAYMZ B

    Aaron Guest

    You can still hear games. If you try to play CDs, you won't hear them
    unless you enable (or it was enabled) digital audio. To do this, get
    to Device Manager (varies by OS), do Properties on you CD drive, and
    look through the tabs for an Enable CD Digital Audio (something like
    that).

    Only sound from CDs will give you problems.

    Aaron

    Aaron, May 14, 2004
  5. JAYMZ B

    N. Thornton Guest

    neither

    N. Thornton, May 14, 2004
  6. JAYMZ B

    Jeff Guest

    Are you sure that the sound card doesn't have a CD connect all the
    ones I'v seen do. Is there one on your motherboard?

    Jeff, May 16, 2004