  1. Jerry Polyak

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Greetings fellow sheep lovers. Just popping in to see what's new.

    Jerry Polyak, Aug 22, 2005

  2. Jerry Polyak

    Bird Janitor Guest

    Jerry Polyak wrote:

    | Greetings fellow sheep lovers. Just popping in to see what's new.

    Hey Jerry -

    Browse around .. you'll see the group has been pretty quiet lately.

    Stay a while. Things are bound to pick up. And do tell about the new Yugo!

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef

    Bird Janitor, Aug 22, 2005

  3. Jerry Polyak

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Jef,

    You changed your name. Cool. The Yugo is great. You can see it here:
    http://jerryp.homeip.net/images/mininuts_brunch/DSCN1008.jpg

    It's the yellow one with #33 on it. Of course I've made some changes to it.

    Jerry Polyak, Aug 22, 2005
  4. Jerry Polyak

    Bird Janitor Guest

    Jerry Polyak wrote:

    | Jef,
    |
    | You changed your name. Cool. The Yugo is great. You can
    | see it here:
    | http://jerryp.homeip.net/images/mininuts_brunch/DSCN1008.jpg
    |
    | It's the yellow one with #33 on it. Of course I've made some
    | changes to it.

    Nice mods Jerry (ditto with Qed's post .. make sure you keep it lubed).

    Is that really where you work?

    I used to work for a competitor .. Familian (now Ferguson .. I was Software
    Manager / Interim IT Director / Chief Bottle Washer through the systems
    integration in 1999, where my entire department was eliminated). Could have
    stayed on after the integration, but other issues made it time to go. We
    were originally in Van Nuys .. Corporate HQ and the regional distribution
    center moved to Pomona in 1997 (dire mistake which, in my opinion, lead to
    our slave keepers to integrate us with the sister company back east).

    IT for wholesale plumbing suppliers is the pits! We had a motto: Your Sh¡t
    is Our Bread and Butter! (Qed: take note for a new menu item at The Pit®)

    The name changed a while back (actually I have two .. Bird Janitor for the
    daytime computer and, at night, I become strictly Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood®
    to 'honor' the demise of TomG's server .. this happens only after Miguel is
    in his cage for the night, as I want him to continue to think he's my only
    reason for living).

    Nice to see you around again.

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef

    Bird Janitor, Aug 22, 2005
  5. Jerry Polyak

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Ok, what is The Pit? Why is TomG's server down? No, that is not my place
    of employment!!! Just bunch of us had brunch at 94th Aero Squadron. I am
    almost gainfully employed and over worked at the Los Angeles Daily News. I
    have never seen so many old computers in one place before!!! If I ever find
    the SOB that build them.... I just don't know what I will do.

    Jerry Polyak, Aug 22, 2005
  6. Jerry Polyak

    0_Qed Guest

    Yahhh ...
    and 'he' now wears his alum helmut all the time.

    You gotta 'be' SCCA ... yes ?

    Qed.

    0_Qed, Aug 22, 2005
  7. Jerry Polyak

    Bird Janitor Guest

    Jerry Polyak wrote:

    | Ok, what is The Pit? Why is TomG's server down? No, that is
    | not my place of employment!!! Just bunch of us had brunch at
    | 94th Aero Squadron. I am almost gainfully employed and over
    | worked at the Los Angeles Daily News. I have never seen so
    | many old computers in one place before!!! If I ever find
    | the SOB that build them.... I just don't know what I will do.

    The Pit® is where Qed serves drinks and (¡urk!) food between his numerous
    stays in residential treatment facilities (he thinks the strap on "smoking
    jacket" makes him look sophisticated).

    TomG had a run-in with someone on one of the groups he participated in.
    Things got testy (not Tom's fault) and he got ratted out to his ISP for
    running a server .. so his ISP shut him down for a TOS violation.

    I interviewed centuries ago at the Daily News (subscribed for a while too ..
    until I decided I didn't care for their editorial politics at the time,
    preferring, instead, the Los Angeles Dog Trainer). Their systems were old
    then .. wonder if they're still using the same crap (not that we had any
    more recent crap at the time .. "make do without" .. "get used to it" ..
    "drink a lot at lunch, like I do, and it won't matter anymore" .. "why
    exactly do the users want PCs anyway?" .. were some of the excuses known to
    come from the boss' pie hole).

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef

    Bird Janitor, Aug 22, 2005
  8. Jerry Polyak

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Unfortunately, NO. The ball and chain nixed that idea. And if you recall,
    I am whipped and liking it. <VBG>

    Jerry Polyak, Aug 22, 2005
  9. Jerry Polyak

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    So is this a private club, or can I make reservations?

    Ahh, the politics of usenet, the politics of... hmmmm... many trolls...
    Sounds like you had that interview a few days ago... LOL.

    Jerry Polyak, Aug 22, 2005
  10. Jerry Polyak

    Bird Janitor Guest

    Jerry Polyak wrote:

    | So is this a private club, or can I make reservations?

    If you can find it, you're welcome to go. Parking is limited, if you don't
    mind the hike into the woods. Reservations are a necessity (I have serious
    reservations about eating at The Pit®). Roadkill TarTar is on the menu.
    Flatened Bunnies. Electro-Barbecued Pigeon. Squirrel Pelt Salad.

    The Pit® is located downwater from the primary effluent settling pond. And,
    as I said before: check with the local institutions before venturing out, as
    Qed may be taking time to 'even things out' again and may not have a Day
    Pass.

    | Ahh, the politics of usenet, the politics of... hmmmm... many trolls...

    If I remember correctly, it was some game forum on Yahoo Groups.

    | Sounds like you had that interview a few days ago... LOL.

    That interview still haunts me some 20 years later...

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef

    Bird Janitor, Aug 22, 2005
  11. Jerry Polyak

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Ahhh, so it's a gourmet kind of place.. I will have to flip my noose upside
    down and call it a tie.
    No problem. If I see him I will just play dead... No, wait that's for
    bears... I don't know what I would do if I saw Qed..
    Which explains a lot..

    Jerry Polyak, Aug 22, 2005
  12. Jerry Polyak

    Bird Janitor Guest

    Jerry Polyak wrote:

    <snip>

    | No problem. If I see him I will just play dead... No, wait that's
    | for bears... I don't know what I would do if I saw Qed..

    I think it's the same for the Qeds ..

    http://pages.sbcglobal.net/jefn/eniac.jpg

    ... but I don't think you'd want to play dead for them. No telling what
    they'd do (Dueling Banjos is playing in the back of my head as I type).

    By the way .. that's Qed on the right, with his pretty sister, Qed, on the
    left .. back in the days when they were patch-cord programmers.

    I think Qed likes bears. Could be wrong, though.

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef

    Bird Janitor, Aug 22, 2005