CHICONY MP-975, EPS Apex XC-200, CYPRESS 9750, Chembook 975--- CDROM HUNT

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by real_address, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. real_address

    real_address Guest

    After a lot of web work and some help, I now know that my EPS laptop
    is variously known as a:
    CHICONY MP-975, EPS Apex XC-200, CYPRESS 9750, Chembook 975,
    or (there are more variants)
    Lotsa fun with www.archive.org's wayback web archive..

    ANYONE have a cdrom drive for one of these in the parts pile?
    Also:
    still have to find out where the mem expansion slots are.. apparently
    it wants 2 identical.. Bleh..

    Got the HD to format finally, looks like its a P166MMX, and can go to
    P225MMX if fiddled with..

    Wheeeeeee!

    Any idea where to find one? ebay not that full of them..

    post here or decode to reply:

    b_helling
    mail of great high heat

    real_address, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Hey anyone know how to put a new power supply in a ibm aptiva something

    Dorothy Parks, Jun 29, 2005

  3. real_address

    bgeer Guest

    www.orphanlaptops.com - if I have it misspelled, google for orphan
    laptops. I found useful info for a Chicony MP989 there, & I'm pretty
    sure the also listed the 975.

    bgeer, Jun 29, 2005