Chip Fan Death..

Discussion in 'Asus' started by stanroze, Jul 24, 2006.

1. stanroze

stanroze

Hi guys,

I know this is already an old topic, but I dont want to hijack anybody elses thread. I know my chip fan is dying, and I know i need a replacement fan or maybe get a heatsink..I have a different question however.

For the longest time I knew my chip fan was dying, I finally called Asus and they are sending me a new one..however all this time ive been using Asus Probe to monitor the chip fan RPM..meaning if there are numbers its atleast working..and not completely dead..( yeah im stupid,i shouldve physically checked earlier)...anyway i decided to dust off my fans when i noticed that my fan was not just dying..but was already dead and not working at all..my question is..how much does this damage the chip itself, my PC still runs obviously..i wiggled the power supply for the fan and it started working again..but i dont know what to do now with my chip, if its damaged or not..or how to check if its damaged..should i get a new mobo??

any advice is greatly appreciated, i posted this on the ASUS forum and had 30 views and NOT 1 reply..maybe ill get lucky here.

thanks in advance,
    Stan.

p.s.: i used to leave my PC on overnight almost everynight, take that into consideration..i dont actually know since when the fan has not been working at all.

stanroze, Jul 24, 2006
Ask a Question