    issue? Do i need a new one and if so, what brand/size etc... do I need?

    Thanks!

    , May 26, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I have loud noise coming from my chipset fan. After holding my finger
    > down to stop the fan, the noise stops. Is there a way to remedy this
    > issue? Do i need a new one and if so, what brand/size etc... do I
    > need?

    If you aren't overclocking the board I'd just stick a Zalman passive
    cooler on there and be done with it.

    http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/code_list.asp?code=014

    Travis Jordan, May 26, 2005

  3. Guest

    Would it be OK to remove or just disconnect the fan and just leave the
    heatsink? I've seen some posts that say this is OK to do if no
    overclocking is done, which I'm not doing. Thanks for the response!

    , May 26, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > Would it be OK to remove or just disconnect the fan and just leave the
    > heatsink? I've seen some posts that say this is OK to do if no
    > overclocking is done, which I'm not doing. Thanks for the response!

    You could just remove the fan - if it is a well finned heatsink that
    should be OK.

    Travis Jordan, May 26, 2005