    occur. As things stand the time of the backup varies, being somewhat
    dependent, so it seems, on when the computer was turned on. So, is there a
    way I can say something like, "backup every hour at a quarter after"?

    TaliesinSoft, Feb 18, 2008

  2. TaliesinSoft

    Bob Harris Guest

    <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/33757>
    <http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/33511>

    Bob Harris, Feb 18, 2008

  3. TaliesinSoft

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    Unfortunately, unless I am missing something, neither of the two referenced
    Time Machine applications referenced appear to do what I want and that is to
    select a given time relative to the hour when the backup will run. What I
    would like to do is to set things so that at, as an example, Time Machine
    would run always at fifteen minutes past the hour, a setting that would
    persist across system shutdowns and would not be changed by a forced Time
    Machine backup at other than fifteen minutes past the hour.

    TaliesinSoft, Feb 18, 2008
  4.
    © The OS/2 Guy ©, Feb 18, 2008
  5. TaliesinSoft

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:10:39 -0600, © The OS/2 Guy © wrote
    (in article
    <>):

    [responding to my query as to whether there was a way to set Time Machine to
    backup at a specific time within the hour]
    Unfortunately Time Machine Editor only allows you to specify the specific
    time if you are just doing a daily, not an hourly, backup.

    TaliesinSoft, Feb 18, 2008