CITY OF HEROES with BFG Geforce 7800 GTX OC 256mb

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by dust, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. dust

    dust Guest

    I need help...

    I have a major problem in the games City of Heroes / City of Vilains and I
    don't know what is the origin of it. It's the only game with this bug, when
    I play, there is long freezing of 1 or 2 minutes and after it the game have
    too low framerate and is unplayable. I must quit and reboot the computer.
    I tried all the solutions I know but no changes. My computer:

    Asus A8N-SLI Premium (bios 1100 beta 6 but tried all versions before)
    Corsair 1gig 2-2-3-5 T1 (tried T2 too)
    AMD AthlonX2 4400+
    BFG Geforce 7800 GTX OC 256mb PCI-E
    SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
    Windows XP SP2 and all updates

    I have the lastest bios for my motherboard, tried many differents
    congifuration in the bios setting, have all the lastest drivers for nforce4
    and forceware (tried all officials and beta 8x.xx), AMD drivers and
    microsoft updates (the one for dual core bug too). Nothing is overcloacked
    in my computer but the geforce, I tried to downgrade the frequency to a
    normal speed.

    Someone had the same problem and found a solution please?

    dust, Apr 14, 2006

  2. dust

    DRS Guest

    Do a search on the KB896256 hotfix from Microsoft. It may help.

    DRS, Apr 14, 2006

  3. dust

    dust Guest

    I installed it a long time ago but don't fix the bug of City of Heroes and
    drivers 8x.xx

    dust, Apr 15, 2006
  4. dust

    fasdfa Guest

    I have a problem with my 7800 that also only happens during City of
    Heroes/Villains. The only solution I have found is to uninstall
    the driver, restart, reinstall the driver, restart. After that the
    game will play fine as long as I don't reboot. If I reboot, the
    problem returns and I have to uninstall, reinstall the driver again.
    Naturally, I use hibernate or standby modes, very rarely rebooting, so
    I don't see the problem very often.

    Sock

    fasdfa, May 29, 2006